*/

Deaconess Program at the Seminary




Years ago, when Santi expressed his deep desire to become a pastor, I had the strangest thought.... what if I would become a deaconess? What if Santi could count on me in reaching out to the people in need of the Gospel? What if I would serve the Lord with any talent or gift that I may possess?
It was only a thought, a wild one if you want. For me to become a deaconess was another human impossibility! I would have to have a college degree (the deaconess program is graduate level), and to be admitted at the Seminary. What were the odds?

A few weeks ago, I received a letter in the mail... I had just been conditionally admitted in the Deaconess Program at Concordia Theological Seminary in Fort Wayne, IN. If I was able to pass my last four classes at IPFW, I would be definitively accepted for good! I cannot start to tell you how much this means to me and my family. This is a dream come true. I cannot wait to sit in a classroom surrounded by women and men of God who have the same passion about the Scriptures and who have made theirs this verse: "As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord" (Joshua 24:15).

Lord willing, January 25th will be my first day of classes. I will start with two intensive classes that run Monday to Sunday, 8am to 4pm, for two weeks. I know that it will not be easy, but I also know that I am not alone. We are never alone, none of us. We have a Wonderful Counselor, a Mighty God, an Everlasting Father, our Prince of Peace! And He has promised to be with us until the end of days! What a joy it is to find comfort in His promises!

I would like to thank you all for your constant prayers and support. I have found in you and in my family all the inspiration and help to overcome every single challenge. To God be the Glory!

0 comentaris: