*/

My Most Sophisticated Outfit



On January 25th I started my classes at Concordia Theological Seminary in Fort Wayne. I took two intensive courses on Theologia Means of Grace with Dr. Bushur and on Diaconal Counseling with Deaconess Amy Rast and guest professors Dr. Reynolds, Dr. Fickensher, and Professor Pulse. At the end of the very intense intensives, I was given the white Cross that distinguishes Deaconesses in training for a picture day with my peer sisters at the Seminary.

There was a time in which I believed that wearing a Cross was some form of idolatry. I was taught that it was very inappropriate to remind Jesus on the Cross for it was the way in which He had been tortured. It is as if someone would wear an electric chair to remember someone who died in this horrific manner, some would say. For many years I rejected wearing a Cross around my neck or having crosses around the house.

I give thanks to the Lord for He is showing me that the Cross is not only the way in which He was tortured. The Cross is the place in which Jesus Christ won victory over sin, over death and over the Devil. On the Cross Jesus reconciles us with the Father. On the Cross our sins are forgiven. On the Cross Jesus is lifted up so that whoever believes in Him does not perish but has eternal life; this is God's gracious Love in action.

Today I am proud to wear a cross around my neck and a white Cross in my left sleeve. This white Cross reminds me that I can serve others in love because God has loved me first. It reminds me that I am a child of God because Jesus died for me. I will wear my white Cross with reverence and pride, in all humility.

To God be the Glory! Amen.







0 comentaris: